I’ve never made a chicken pot pie before, until now that is. Can I just say it is fairly time-consuming but worth it in the end? I ate entirely way too much!!
* 1 sweet onion, diced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 carrots, sliced
* 2 celery stalks, sliced
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 Tbsp butter
* 5-8 small potatoes, skinned & diced (I used red potatoes)
* 1 c chicken stock
* 1/2 c white wine
* 1/2 c milk
* 2 Tbsp half-n-half
* 2 1/2 Tbsp flour
* 1/2 tsp. parsley
* 1/4 tsp thyme
* 1/8 tsp nutmeg
* 1/2 c frozen peas
* 1 lb chicken, cubed
* Pillsbury Pie Crust Box
* salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut up all your veggies. I put the carrots, celery, garlic, & onion in one bowl and the potatoes in another.
2. Saute onion, garlic, carrots, chicken, & celery in olive oil for about 5 minutes, adding salt & pepper to taste. Remove from the pan (you can dump it back in the original bowl).
3. In the same pan, melt butter and add potatoes and chicken stock. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are softened. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
4. Add the white wine, milk, half-n-half, parsley, thyme, and nutmeg to the mixture. Whisk to combine and allow this to thicken for about 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add in the peas, veggies, & chicken mixture. Stir well.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
7. Take 1 pie crust from the box and unroll it over a pie pan. Fill the pie pan with the veggie-chicken mixture. Cover this with the remaining pie crust.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden.